uae-shipping.net keeps log files that include your IP address for statistic and logging of abuse purpose only. Log files are under no circumstances shared with any third party except if required by law or court order by a competent court.
- uae-shipping.net (or a third party on its behalf) can store and process your contact details and personal information if provided including: full name, e-mail, gender, company name and address, city, country, IP address, phone number, fax number, birth date, nationality, primary role, corporate website, number of employees and industry in a database;
- uae-shipping.net may use your personal information to send you information about issues uae-shipping.net finds or believes to be relevant to you, including third party information (however the sender will always be uae-shipping.net for easy identification);
- uae-shipping.net may contact you via email if its terms change, if authorities demand it, or when services are added, updated or modified;
- you can manually request to be deleted from our database and all information held about you by uae-shipping.net will be removed;
- if you choose to contact a company or organisation through uae-shipping.net or the Website, uae-shipping.net is entitled to disclose any of your information or details that it holds (including your IP address) to that company or organisation.
When you visit our website(s), it uses "cookie” technology to try make that experience simple, personalised and meaningful. Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer or any similar device you use to access the internet e.g. smart phone, tablet or other mobile device when you visit a website and which store and sometimes track information about your use of the website. A number of cookies uae-shipping.net use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the website and will last for longer.
- create a specific log-in session for a visitor to an uae-shipping.net website in order that page requests by that visitor are delivered in an effective, secure and consistent manner;
- recognise when a visitor to an uae-shipping.net website has visited before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive to the website and allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get;
- customise elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the website;
- store your product selections to the shopping basket;
- collect statistical information about how our visitors use the website(s) so that we can improve the website(s) and learn which parts are most popular to visitors; and
- Gather information through our advertising partners, about the pages on the uae-shipping.net website(s) that you visit, and also other information about other websites that you visit, so as to place you in an "interest segment”. This information is collected, in an anonymous form but may include information such as about the county and city you are in, together with the name of your internet service provider. This information is then used to serve interest-based advertisements which it is believed will be targeted to your interests. For more information about this type of interest based advertising, and about how to turn this feature off please visit www.youronlinechoices.co.uk or follow the link to the website of our advertising partners shown below. Without these cookies, advertisements you encounter will be less relevant to you and to your interests
Some of the cookies used by uae-shipping.net websites are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser. Please note however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on a uae-shipping.net website(s) you may not be able to take full advantage of the website(s) if you do so.
Email and Communication Services – Member account, password and security
If a particular service offered on the Website or any other uae-shipping.net owned web site requires you to open an account, you must complete the registration process by providing uae-shipping.net with current, complete and accurate information as prompted by the applicable registration form. You then will choose a password and a user name. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account. You must not disclose your password to any third party. Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account.
You agree to notify uae-shipping.net immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security. uae-shipping.net will not be liable for any loss or damages that you may incur as a result of someone else using your password or account, either with or without your knowledge. However, you could be held liable for losses incurred by uae-shipping.net or another party due to someone else using your account or password. You may not use anyone else’s account at any time, without the permission of the account holder.
Use of Your Information
uae-shipping.net may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- administering your Website account(s) and otherwise in connection with any service for which you have provided your information, including any email alerts, transactions with us, downloads you make from the Website and uploads you provide to the Website and competitions and promotions that you take part in;
- responding to any enquiry you make;
- subject to your consent, sending you newsletters and/or alerts and information regarding uae-shipping.net or any third party’s future services (in all formats to which you have consented eg post, email, text); and
- for generating aggregated statistics about users, traffic patterns etc of the uae-shipping.net Website(s) and other services and developing uae-shipping.net’s marketing plans.
uae-shipping.net may also disclose your information as follows:
- if you have given your consent for uae-shipping.net to do so, to other selected organisations to enable them to contact you or send you information by post, telephone and/or email;
- to any service providers, sub-contractors and agents appointed by uae-shipping.net to perform the above functions on its behalf and in accordance with its instructions;
- to such individuals and/or bodies as necessary to ensure uae-shipping.net compliance with any applicable law, regulation, legal proceeding or governmental request;
- to any individual making a subject information request to uae-shipping.net.
In the event that uae-shipping.net is acquired by or merges with another company, your personal information may be passed to the purchasing/merging company amongst the transferred business assets. This will enable your relationship to continue with the relevant uae-shipping.net business despite the change of ownership. Your personal information may also be passed (on a confidential basis) to companies with whom uae-shipping.net is negotiating such a sale/merger as part of the verification exercise carried out on uae-shipping.net by the third party.
Updated and changes
If you’re personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire any of uae-shipping.net’s services, you may correct, or update your preferences, by making the change on our member information page or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail.
If you use the discussion forum, blog or comment field on this Website, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, blogs or comments, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums.
Furthermore, in some circumstances uae-shipping.net may display some of your personal information (name data) when you post material to a discussion forum, blog or comment field to allow users to identify each other.
Third party websites
This Website contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by uae-shipping.net. Please be aware that uae-shipping.net is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites.
We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies only to information collected by this Website
Third party advertisers
The ads appearing on this Website are delivered to users by uae-shipping.net’s advertising partner. We share Website usage information about users with them for the purpose of targeting our banner advertisements on this Website.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Why is my personal information collected?
This notice applies to all information, collected or submitted, on uae-shipping.net and applications for iPhone, iPad, iPod, and other devices and platforms, hereafter referred to as simply uae-shipping.net.
uae-shipping.net occasionally needs to collect information for convenience, practicality, or technical requirements. This includes:
- Your current subscription status and basic information, not including credit-card numbers or other payment details.
- Anonymous usage statistics.
- Information supplied to uae-shipping.net by Apple, which may include your name, email address, and ZIP code if you opted into the collection of this information upon subscribing.
Like most websites, uae-shipping.net also collects and stores information automatically and through the use of electronic tools that may be transparent to visitors. For example, we may log the name of your Internet Service Provider, your IP address, and information provided by and about your Internet browser. As we adopt additional technology, we may also gather similar information through other means. We may also use "cookie” technology for your convenience as we see fit, such as to keep you logged in between visits if we add a login feature.
Our subscriber lists are stored on a secure server. We don’t, under any circumstances, share your lists with any other party, unless it’s required by law.
How is my personal information used?
We use the information you provide to operate uae-shipping.net and its various features.
We use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design uae-shipping.net. For instance, we may make feature decisions based on the percentage of our readership using a certain device or operating system.
We may also share non-identifying and aggregate statistics with potential future advertisers and partners. For instance, we may tell an advertiser or partner how many people visited a certain area on our website, used a certain feature of the application, or viewed a certain issue or article. When information is used in this or a similar manner, we do not disclose anything that could be used to identify the individuals on whom the information is based.
We may disclose your information in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims.
We may disclose your information when we believe it necessary or desirable in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our policies, and/or to protect our rights and property.
In the future, we may sell, buy, merge, or partner with other companies or businesses. In such transactions, user information may be among the transferred assets.
External services beyond uae-shipping.net’s control are integrated with uae-shipping.net where necessary, such as Google Analytics for traffic measurement and tracking. uae-shipping.net makes reasonable efforts to ensure that all integrated external services are trustworthy and reputable, but we cannot be held responsible for data collection and usage by such services.
Will uae-shipping.net sell or give my personal information to third parties?
We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to accomplish uae-shipping.net’s functionality.
We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties.
How does uae-shipping.net protect my personal information?
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
How do I unsubscribe from uae-shipping.net communications I no longer wish to receive?
Marketing provided by uae-shipping.net. From time to time we may send you promotional materials on behalf of uae-shipping.net and/or third parties. You shall receive emails according the preference selected in your account. You can opt for daily, weekly or catagorised news at point of registration. If you want us to stop sending you promotional materials to your email, you may follow the unsubscribe instructions in the email or manage your preferences at our website.
How can I contact uae-shipping.net if I have a privacy question or complaint?
If you have any concerns or questions about any aspect of this policy, you may contact:
uae-shipping.net reserves the right to change this policy at any time. Please check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of uae-shipping.net following the posting of changes to this policy will mean you accept those changes.
Send content to a colleague
If you choose to use our referral service to tell a colleague about this website or a specific article or service, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site. uae-shipping.net will store this information, but solely for the purpose of sending the one-time invitation.
If you have any questions about security or privacy on our website, please contact us individually or as per the below contact details:
UAE Marine, Ports, Offshore & Shipping Directory (uae-shipping.net)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates