PRS is an independent expert institution acting on the international market, whose
business is conducted for the benefit of the community. Through the formulation of
the requirements, survey and issue of the appropriate documents, PRS assists State
Administrations, Underwriters and the Society's clients in ensuring the safety of
people, floating objects, land undertakings, the safety of carried cargo and that of
the natural environment.
Polski Rejestr Statkow performs activity in many areas which may be divided into the
following basic groups:
1. Performing surveys for compliance with the requirements of the Society's own
rules for classification and construction and/or the requirements of the relevant
international conventions as well as national regulations regarding the following:
- sea-going ships,
- inland waterways vessels, yachts and boats,
- naval craft and other special purpose objects intended for the State
security and defense,
- steel structures, pipelines and industrial installations, as well as
- construction and repair of containers,
- manufacture of materials and products,
- manufacturers and service suppliers.
2. Certification of products for compliance with European Union directives.
3. Certification of management systems for compliance with international and
4. Provision of technical expertise and advisory services.